Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Intertwined

I kiss you and I'm brought back to a childhood filled to the brim with swings going higher and higher and higher, just like your potential. When i kiss you, i kiss a person whose swing was cut at the tippy top and whose mother was not there with kisses and a bandaid when you fell. When I kiss you, I'm entangled in your the fears that haunt you late at night and the monsters that reside in your head, attacking every ounce of confidence you ever owned. When I kiss you, I am enveloped in the wrenching heartbreak of the loss of love, and the need for acceptance. When I kiss you, I gain insight into the person who is painfully misunderstood, marked as a troublemaker, and ostracized for his past. When I kiss you, I kiss all the smoke inhaled into your lungs, the alcohol your liver can take no longer, and the deepest darkest thoughts hidden in your mind. When I kiss you i understand you for who you really are, and I could not be more addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment